Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I would throw this out for those who have not thoroughly explored the RA website.

If you go to the Universal Parts tab there are a lot of nickle and dime items listed that we occasional need that the parts box stores or internet sellers charge us an arm and a leg for.

If you are making an order you might want to check some of those items out if you can combine them with a part that you are buying from the same warehouse so theres no additional shipping charge..

I bought the push on connector pigtail for the coil and sending units for $1.61 each.
.188 bullet connectors for 4 cents each, minimum order of 50
Acorn nuts that hold the blower motor to firewall for 4 cents, 100 minimum order.
Flat 2 prong trailer plug for $1.15, useful if you are adding something and need power and ground.

I also bought enough light bulbs for 2 cars.

1157s for 44 cents each
1895 instrument panel lights for 23 cents. these are the Wagner 3.78w bulbs, much brighter than the 1.94w bulbs you probably have.

Lots of good deals on quality parts if you hunt them down. Most of the items that you have to buy in bulk are still way less expensive than what the vendors charge for only one or two of them. At a quantity of 100, I will never be without those little cheap acorn nuts again and no trying to reuse 55 year old ones either. CJP charges $3.99 for 4 of them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great advice, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I bought the push on connector pigtail for the coil and sending units for $1.61 each.
Where did you find these on Rockauto? I found the bullet connectors and the like, but not these.

·
Premium Member
12,043 Posts
1157s for 44 cents each
1895 instrument panel lights for 23 cents
Those bulbs and many other common automotive bulbs such as 3157, 921, 194 are $6-$7 for a pair of them at O'Reilly and only slightly cheaper at Walmart. I always thought that was highway robbery but what else can you do when you need one now? Thanks for the tip, I'll order a few of the commom sizes with my next RA order.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you find these on Rockauto? I found the bullet connectors and the like, but not these.
I found them under 67 Mustang - Electrical - Connector - Temperature Sender

Reactions: LeeFred

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Those bulbs and many other common automotive bulbs such as 3157, 921, 194 are $6-$7 for a pair of them at O'Reilly and only slightly cheaper at Walmart. I always thought that was highway robbery but what else can you do when you need one now? Thanks for the tip, I'll order a few of the commom sizes with my next RA order.
O’Reilly also has better priced 10:packs of bulbs in the wholesale area in back .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts