Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled a cart with a few maintenance items and at checkout I discover that the parts will be shipped from multiple warehouses, jacking up the shipping costs to nearly the cost of the parts. Is there a way, during part selection, to see where the parts ship from? Or some way to minimize ordering from different warehouses?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
After you put the first part in the cart, a truck will show up next to parts that ship from the same location. Its a bit of mix and match to get parts that ship from the same warehouse. Sometimes with shipping, Summit or Advance with a 20% discount is the better option.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,366 Posts
I order from them every once in a while and they get me every time. When I go to my total and my shipping is WHAT? Then I have to backtrack and juggle parts choices or quite frankly, just not buy some until the shipping is reasonable. The only real issue I have with ordering from them. If only the shipping was easier to sort out up front.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
advance auto with 25 percent off plus if you have to return a part it doesnt cost shipping to do it just bring back to store. Of course this doesnt work for mustang related only items.Last year i bought some upper/lower suspension on a cjpony 30 percent off but harris mustang supply still beat that price even with shipping. Wes

·
Registered
873 Posts
I use rockauto to find part numbers. Then use that to search Amazon, eBay, Summit, and others.
Sometimes the rockauto price with shipping is still best.
And sometimes I’ll pay a little more to have it in 1-2 days vs 5-7.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use rockauto to find part numbers. Then use that to search Amazon, eBay, Summit, and others...
I have a friend that takes it even further than that. With a part number he searches Oreilly Auto where he checks the compatibility tab. With the compatibility info he goes to U-Wrench It's web and finds the row and column of a car that might still have that part on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts