Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
You're going to have to tear that puppy down. All the metal shavings have gone through the motor. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yes/no, maybe so. But I’d be cutting the filter open before yanking the motor out.
You know there is going to be metal in the filter. So then at least your going to have to pull the pan and check bearings and crank. Just pull it and be done with it. Wishful thinking if you don't think there isn't damage in there.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I’m actually thinking that it’s not damage. Like someone else said. Looks like a cutoff wheel did that. I think he was trying to make a homemade rail rocker
Maybe, but the stud broke off. And if that was the case that someone ground that part of the rocker he went through the hardness of the rocker and it wore. That metal had to go some where and maybe the filter caught it but, I still would tear it apart and check everything. At least replace the oil pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.