Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been wanting to add rocker molding to my '70 sportsroof, but it isn't reproduced. Since 65-70 mustangs share the same rocker panel and have the same wheelbase, would the 65-66 or 67-8 rocker molding fit? Just curious. The 67-8 looks fairly similar to the optional 70 rocker trim (I'm not talking about the Mach 1 trim panel).

Thanks,
Joseph K.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Maybe a reason for no response is you can look in most any catalog and see. '65/'66 are
same or similar. '67/'68 are same. '69 and '70 are diff from each other.
They may fit but they each type looks completely different!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't actually look in a catalogue and see for myself. You see, I asked if the moulding would fit, not if it was concours correct. Simply looking in a catalogue wouldn't answer the question, but thanks for the suggestion.

Once again, the reason I asked is because the '70 moulding isn't reproduced and it DOES sort of resemble the 67-8 moulding. Regardless, just because it didn't come from the factory that way doesn't mean it wouldn't look good, which isn't even the question I asked, and is another matter entirely. Plenty of Mustangs have parts that are from other year model mustangs--engines, trannies, seats, spoilers, paint color, &c. &c.

Again, my question was simply if anyone knew if the moulding was interchangeable with regards to fit, and I guess this has mostly to do with the angle of the sheetmetal, and other such factors.

Thanks,
Joseph Knight

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just pulled mine off my car the other day and had plans of ebay but if your interested PM me. They are the ones on my pic below.

Dave

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, that's great!! I didn't know anybody was reproducing them...hadn't seen 'em in any of the major catalogues. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks again,
Joseph Knight

·
Registered
409 Posts
I know this will only add to your questions. But Im sure there's an extra inch on the 69-70, and the 71-73 although the rocker panel shape is different. Not definitive, I know, but wait til you know for sure before purchasing anything.

Any local shows coming up? I'm sure some guys will let you measure as long as you use a cloth, sewing yardstick.

Mark

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Notice if you read my response. Said they may fit
but look a lot different!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts