Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where should I look for a replacement for the rear section of the outer rocker pamel for my 69 coupe? My new qtrs are on, inside and outside wheel houses too, but the little bit of rocker closest to the qtr panel is gone and my body guy is saying I need to buy a skin? Does anyone know of a rocker panel skin that includes this curved return at the back? Any help would be awesome Thanks.
Dennis

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
In taking a quick peek at the catalogs seems like the available outer rockers are available for '65-'68 but not '69. Inners for the '69-'70 seem to be available. I would check all sources including Dennis Carpenter to see if the piece you need is available else its a search for NOS. Its also possible a real good sheet metal man could use a piece from '65-'68 to craft a replacement for you. You've got your work cut out for you in any case.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the parts at KAR auto in Ohio, I talked to the owner
"George", and he has repros just like when the car was new. They are 63" long and include the detail at the very rear of the panel, below the qtr panel and outerwheel house.
He also has the smaller patch for the front of the rocker if needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts