Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to drive SWMBOs 04 Mustang to work today.But it wouldn't start.Raised the hood and all the spark plug wires are chewed into.And who knows what else. This means WAR!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I opened the garage door to my Mustang and saw little mouse running to somewhere. So I surrounded the inside of the walls with sticky traps and set poison packets around the car. I hope this gets them!

I think we are all subject to these crappy creatures.

The thing I don't understand is I always thought they came inside in the Fall not in the middle of the summer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Last mouse I saw would up skewered on my pocket knife. He got stuck in a cold air return in the bedroom. I was going to let him go outside the next morning but he couldn't help but chew on the grating. 15 minutes of that and I'd had enough.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I've had real good luck with keeping the mouse / rat population under control since adding a Barn Owl box. Put it up in the North end of the barn and we find "hulls" all through the barn where they fly through and drop them. We currently have 4 owlets in there and they are voracious eaters.

No nests under the hoods of the truck or tractor since :clap:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
FYI,this happened to my Neighbor a couple of years ago........come to find out it was a Raccoon!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Tell me about it! I stored some new weather seals for Ol' Rusty in the shed about a year ago and went out to find a part a few days ago and some friggen rodent has passed up all the cardboard and other chewable goodies in favor of my new seals right through their plastic bags! :swing: :crybaby:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I've got June bug problems myself. Darn things have chewed all the leaves off the approx. 12 foot tall Pin Oak & English Oak in my back yard. They were "planted" new last fall. A couple weeks ago I couldn't figure out how leaves were getting chewed off w/o seeing any insects. My neighbor next door said he was out after dark & had a bunch of June bugs in his trees. Sure enuf, that night around 10:00 w/ a flashlight I found them chewing on mine. Crap, hope they survive w/o leaves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts