Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watching this on SPEED?
I find it entertaining. They just had some in-car video of a driver that has a foot injury preventing him from heel/toe shifting...so they rigged up a button on the shift knob allowing him to blip the throttle on his downshifts. Pretty ingenious. :D

I don't have an injury...just 2 left feet. ::
Anyone care to engineer a similar set-up for my '65? ;)

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Never miss this one! I grew up in Daytona and used to work the races for Timing and Scoring. Got to be in the hot pits for the entire race :biggrin:

The sweet smell of race fuel and Roush Dominance, those were the days. It was really cool when the GTP cars would come down pit road at full song and just hammer them to a stop in their pit stall. Man, they were fast!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I should have been down there in the flesh..but NO! I had to work late. Sesh! Still managed to watch it on the tube.
In person it is awesome. The new pit area is nice. You can look right in on the pit crews.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Deb and I just got back yesterday from Florida. We were there with Larry and Tannette for a week. Larry and I got to see the start and quite a bit of Saturday's running but had to catch a 6:00 AM flight sunday so we didn't see the end. There were a couple of FR500 Mustangs that ran in fridays Grand Am race. The Mustangs had no decals when they arrived at the track so security thought they were street cars. We knew several of the Team Seattle drivers and got to hang around for a while with them. Too bad they had such bad luck in the race. The track is awesome and the banking is insane and to stand next to the fence with a busch cup car going by at 180 mph is fantastic. By the way one of the employees at the Daytona One shop said that the track in Washington is going in.
Scott :highfive:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts