Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a roll bar in a 65/66 fastback and used it as the anchor for a shoulder belt? I'm talking about the roll bar that allows back seat usage. Any tips? Pics?

When I can't stand, I must lean...
When I can't see, I must believe....

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I have seen this before and the Stephanie Roberts one as well. I will go this route if the rollbar way is not feasible, but I am planning on putting the rollbar in anyway and it seems a good way to mount the shoulder belt. The benefits from the rollbar are obvious, a little more chassis stiffness and some side impact/rollover protection plus a potential place to mount the shoulder belt. I witnessed a collision in front of my farmhouse the other day, and was thinking that if that had been me, I would have been all over the steering wheel........so some other "wish list" things will be moved back until I can make the Russ'stang a little safer. It is my daily driver and I can't watch out for the loonies of the world forever....

When I can't stand, I must lean...
When I can't see, I must believe....

G

·
0 Posts
something i wanted to do is get a roll bar but and put in a 5 point harness kinda like some of the shelbys. i think thatd be nice. everyone who rides in ur car has to put on a racing harness. haha. but thats my opinion. plus it would be even safer than a shoulder belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts