Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Rollbar in 1965 fastback

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  2+2=GT350 
#1 ·
Getting ready to install 4 point bar in my 65 fastback and would love to see some pictures as well hear about " shoulda, wooda,could about install. Any thing with interior in or out. My car does have overrides and would like to attack harness for shoulder straps. I have done a search but posts are from 01 04 era and will not open. Thanks

#2 ·
I added the down tubes. Yes, they would have supplied more support if angled differently and attached further back but I wanted them hidden under the side panel and I wanted to miss the interior light tube in the panel.

Attachments

#5 ·
We had another fairly recent thread regarding bolt-in roll-bars where I posted photos of my '65 Fastback installation:

Reactions: 2+2=GT350
#6 ·
The question is...do you make it permanent, or removable? Does the rear support bars mount to the wheel tub, or through the rear deck to the trunk? It's easy to make it removable by mounting plates, then bolting the base plates to the mounting plates. Also, look up 4x4 interlocking tube coupler.. they are great when building a removable bar, using them on the down tubes.

#8 ·
In like everything i am seeing... gave me some ideas and improvements. Did any one have to notch their panels to fit the rollbar? My bar is from mustangs unlimited (bought some time ago) plan to make permanent. Is it better to attach shoulder harnesses to top of bar or lower seat bar? No plans on racing or sanctions Showbar with safety is what i am looking at. Thanks I like what everyone has posted. Wheels turning. (Pun intended)😉

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.