Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found both front lips of wheel well rolled..flattened. With out thinking much about it attempted to straighten one back to original shape. If you have done this..with pliers..it comes pretty "uneven"
Think I should roll it back so next owner has option of bigger tires or straighten both sides back to original???
I"m not into squezzing as much tire in as humanly possible so no ddifferance to me...am readying car for paint job
Thanks

·
Vendor
5,304 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
dont go fixing a wheel lip thats rolled if you can't see it from 99% of human viewing angles. Trust me you will never get it straight.

I just replaced a section of wheel lip and have been dealing with them for a few days.... I HATE them

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
My only concern would be road junk (silt, dirt, gum) getting behind the lip, leaving a nice place for rmoisture to collect and rust to start.
On the rear of mine I'm going to use either Duraglass or the poly window goop that holds in frameless windows on newer cars.
If you keep the junk out, it keeps the rust out.

However, judging from your picture you guys are in California, so never mind

BossBill
"Rainless in Seattle" (no truth there...)

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you plan on adding chrome wheel well mouldings to the car, It would be best to straighten them out. I used a hammer and dolly and lots of patience and it was a breeze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts