Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these today

Just about ready to use them...I need to put steeing box back and Master Cylinder in first.

...oh well...a little progress ;)

RMP Adjustable Motor Mounts

http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/images/6110.jpg

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
before you install the entire setup, mock up the motor bracket flat plate against where the holes will bolt to the block. I had to clearance the DS rear a bit to not hit the Hipo exhaust manifold. I really like mine and this was the only mod I needed to do.

Daniel

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone have advise on whether these RMP's are worth the money?

I'm sure they work, but compared to a homebrew both-through setup using conventional mounts that you can make for pennies?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes they are worth the money if you have headers or a AOD/T-5 conversion. Makes header installation/removal much easier and also makes it easy to get everything lined up with the transmission. i also shifted my engine back an inch or so...

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
I had a pair and then sold them. They were well made but they sat a little higher raising the engine slightly and creating a bit of a rear tilt. I currently use the '65 mounts with the bolt through mod.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently purchased the RMP motor mounts and tranny mount for my Tremec 3550. The only word to describe these pieces is AMAZING. Fitment and alignment issues are a thing of the past. I was also able to move my entire motor and tranny back about 1.5 inches . Love the products!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently purchased the RMP motor mounts and tranny mount for my Tremec 3550. The only word to describe these pieces is AMAZING. Fitment and alignment issues are a thing of the past. I was also able to move my entire motor and tranny back about 1.5 inches . Love the products!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm having a hrd time deciding between these and the TCP mounts. Both look like good pieces but I worry about the fact that they are adjustable. Do you guys think it could be possible that under hard launches or loads the mounts could walk? I'm in no way bashing this part, I would like to order it but I was just wondering if anyone here had any insight on this question.

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
I wish they offered them for big blocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts