Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the trick to re-install the roof rail molding on a 66 coupe? I had a new headliner put in and the technician took them out/off. You would think it would slide right back in place- wrong ! I know it's bent some on the vertical edges but I don't know about the whole trim piece. It does not fit in top of or behind the rear window. It just does not want to go in place. No amount of twisting or pushing works. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated. I don't think they need to be replaced. If I could find replacements- all I see are fastback.

·
Registered
37,647 Posts
Why in the world would they take off the roof rail moulding for new headliner? Anyhow, you need to get the bottom all the way on, then "snap" the top over the rail.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the drip rail. the roof rail is what the top window weatherstrip attaches to. it runs under roof line and seals the window "a" post to "b" post/notch. it holds the headliner in place.

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
The fastback pieces have only recently been repopped by the aftermarket industry. Maybe they don't repop the hardtop pieces because there are still hundreds of them being parted out and scrapped.
Did the headliner guy bend yours into a pretzel removing them? I don't see any other reason they wouldn't go back in place easily.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts