Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I attach the rotiserie to my car? The front seems like you should use the bumper mount holes in the frame. But how about the rear? I currently have the trunk floors out and the rear crossmember is in pretty bad shape if that makes a difference. TIA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Do not put your car on a rotiserie untill you have all the structural repairs done.If you do put it on and try to weld the parts in it will get all messed up.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
The trunk floor being gone probably won't make much difference, but I would replace the rear crossmember before I put it on the rotisserie. When that is complete, I would attach the rear at the rear leaf spring bolt holes.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should clarify that the rear crossmember is in bad shape as far as being bent in places. It is actually pretty solid as far as rust. My plan was to sandblast the car then do the needed structural repairs off of the rotisserie.

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
http://home.comcast.net/~whitetopcv/wsb/media/190864/site1071.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~whitetopcv/wsb/media/190864/site1070.jpg

This is the one that Dan (66coupeNW) has of mine .
Don't know if he's actually using it NOW or not .
OH! It's taller now too.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Danno,
Were your trunk floors removed at this time? It looks like you ran the bolts through the tail light panel but how did you brace it inside of there? Right now I don't have the trunk floors installed or the braces on the inside of the tail light panel. I dont think the tail light panel would hold the car up would it?

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
napaguy said:
Right now I don't have the trunk floors installed or the braces on the inside of the tail light panel. I dont think the tail light panel would hold the car up would it?
That was my concern, and the reason I suggested attaching it on the frame rails at the shackle mount.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that will probably be the best choice. I just get concerned about the frame rail buckling or something like that....yes I am paranoid about this whole thing LOL. I keep having visions of my car on its roof.I am thinking that when on its side the frame rail could buckle from the weight. Please tell me to shut up and put the damn thing on the rotisserie!!!Please??

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am glad I amuse somebody on here. I am going to bed now but if I have a nightmare about this thing...........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts