Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was recently suggested to me that in order to preserve the look of the rotors, and so tat they don't develop rust, that I should paint the center hub area and possibly the very edge. Basically anything that doesn't touch the brake pads. Is there a paint that is meant for this and has anyone done this? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
Going to assume your best shot is caliper paint.. Although I wouldn't go near the rotor myself, especially not the edge.. Could get hot, melt, run down, etc.. The center maybe.. But yeah, i've NEVER seen 'rotor' paint, so caliper paint it would be.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Hi, PlastiCote makes a drum and rotor spray paint you could probably find at most auto parts stores, having said that, I always use VHT paint when I can find it made for a specific purpose and have never been disappointed by it. I tried to research on their website but they're revamping it. I've also used Eastwoods products with good results but they sell the PlastiCote for this application anyway.
Jon

·
Registered
84 Posts
Goodson Cast Blast works well, looks like cast iron of course and seems to stand up to heat quite well, i've used it on headers, calipers, and brake drums and plan to use it on the rotors of my current project.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The Eastwood brush-on paint for exhaust manifolds works really well. Very easy to apply - you don't even have to mask anything.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I used this stuff on the calipers on my 2000 mustang. The kit costs about $15 and comes with everything you need. I put 3 coats on all 4 calipers and still have 80% of the can left. I've talked with several people who have done 3-4 cars with one can. It comes in different colors too. It's also holding up real well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts