Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happened across it. Auction started yesterday.

Ehay #1840941496

Usually would not post this sort of info, but at current bid price of $9000 it's actually within reach of the common man. Needs a lot of work, though.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to this car or seller. My post is just FYI for all the Shelby / GISS lovers, etc. Dickson

·
Registered
391 Posts
Bid is up to $12,850. What is your estimate for total concours restoration cost? Even the power steering is gone! What is estimate for value when restored?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The interior and body look close to complete but in needs just about everything on the drive train. What happend to the 428 and why would one install a non-working 289? Too rough for me but I'm sure it will make someone happy. BTW, price is climing fast, close to 13K when I looked.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't think the car would be worth a lot as a collector because of the non matching drive train. It looks pretty good to build as a driver though. Imagine doing something like this with it.http://bio.wayne.edu/dave/gt500.jpg.
I wouldn't feel too bad about pro streeting a Shelby that wasn't complete.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Guys, VIN's were not stamped into the blocks...you can build your own numbers correct motor if you desire....

The car looks very solid, and the fiberglass is there, the console is there, the inertia reels are there.....
68 model 428's are fairly easy to come by, it does not mention that it is a KR, which would pose a more costly restoration.

I bet the car brings over $20,000

·
Registered
391 Posts
Price is at $17,600 in 12 hours; there are 6 1/2 days of bidding to go. My guess there will be a bidding war and the price will approach $30,000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts