Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
65Topless said:
Anybody interested in making our own route? This one smells like traffic frustration to me.
As much as I like being a part of this every year, I'm really there to see and visit with all of you anyway. I'd be up for a cruise on our own, there will be plenty of time to ogle 'stangs at the Sunday Show.

And Strokie, I love the Saturday idea. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
bbenthin said:
65Topless said:
Anybody interested in making our own route? This one smells like traffic frustration to me.
As much as I like being a part of this every year, I'm really there to see and visit with all of you anyway. I'd be up for a cruise on our own, there will be plenty of time to ogle 'stangs at the Sunday Show.

And Strokie, I love the Saturday idea. :thumbup:
I'm with Bri, even though the drive is with some 300+ other mustangs, the most fun for me is cruising in our group (Like we did on our own last Memorial Day Weekend). I'm definitely up for an alternative to the Friday PT this year.

Question is, with some of us up north and some south, what's the best option for direction/destination? Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
It's just a thought....but since no matter what we do or which direction we go,Friday traffic is gonna be problem...unless of course ya wanna come to Wenatchee... ;)

Why not consider meeting somewhere and doing a Saturday mid-morning cruise instead with it finishing at Strokies for a mid afternoon BBQ? Traffic shouldn't be to bad on Saturday...

Just have a little informal dinner kinda thing Friday nite (like we've done in the past)

Doesn't sound like anyones doing the Saturday judged show this year anyway....

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Saturday works for me, in fact I was wondering if getting Friday off was even in the cards at this point. We had troubles staying in groups during the Pony trails ayway, so our own group with required pullouts works better anyway. How about we meet Sat 11ish somewhere easy access to eastside and others say Marymore Park in Redmond...and go from there, finish at Strokies.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow...sounds like you folks are down on the trails event.

This will be my first attendance of the Ptrails. Traffic? No worries.

Even though my 67 won't be ready, I'll be there in an '06 vert. We're looking forward to this.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
67Rally said:
Wow...sounds like you folks are down on the trails event.

This will be my first attendance of the Ptrails. Traffic? No worries.

Don't misunderstand...It's not that we're "down" on PT's. Although there has been some wierd routes run before..where everyone seems to get split up and buried in traffic somewhere!

It's more that most of us here have become pretty close friends, wives, kids..etc. And if we all put the effort into getting together from all over the state...then we'd rather be able to hang-out and do the cruise together...PT's doesn't always allow that to happen.

The show is a little that way too....We like showing our cars. But, because of the format..we end up spread out all over the campus. Which is fine for the judge part of the show....But it would be nice and more fun if for the 8 hrs on Sunday, we could park as we wish (with our friends) rather than split up by year..

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Has a consensus been reached? Last I saw was PT Friday, an informal PT Saturday and skipping the judged show (although I was thinking I'd win "best of judged show" or "best original concourse driven" with this car!), and doing the people's choice thing Sunday.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you've never done a Mustangs Northwest PT then I encourage you participate. It realy is an EVENT!

You, and everyone else on the PNW forum chapter, are also invited you to join us for our little Saturday thing, provided showing a car in the judged show on saturday doesn't interfere.

Details on Saturday's PNWVMF Drive & BBQ will be posted shortly.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Alrite!!! sounds liek a good time im heading up for the track event because my dad is running his 04 mach 1. So ill be watching that, and i plan on attending the peoples choice on sunday... should be a blast and possibly the saturday thing will work also if i can get all 3 of those days off work

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I'm going to try to have the Boss done for open track, but I didn't pre-register.
Why shell out the dough if you don't know if the car will be done?
Anywho, as part of a wild hair I decided to build a coilover for the later cars, so I've been busting butt trying to get that done.
If the car shows up it will be sporting a prototype of the new "no holes" cocilover, which allows you to run any pivot drop (Shelby, 1 1/2, 1 5/8 or even 2") without drilling any holes in your car.
I may run a 2" drop on the Boss with minimal static camber as this setting has about 1 1/2 degrees of camber gain per inch of jounce.
I'll also run it with about 2* of positive caster and see if I can build some muscles.

I need some logos for the trailer now...

[[ Just caught some weird-ass bug, like the flu.
There go the plans to finish the system as I can barely move. Great, just great]]

21 - 30 of 30 Posts