Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the Roush 200 series heads?? Any feedback that you'd like to share about them??
I'm building a 393 stroker motor that I'd like to see put out 430hp. It has shot peened rods, forged pistons, scat crank, will have a edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake, roller rockers, and roller or flat tappet cam. I would go with the edelbrock performer rpm's but they aren't in the budget...
Any other suggestions??
Keeping in mind I'm 17
Thanks for your help in advance
Tom

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I researched this pretty heavy and learned that although the roush head is good, its not as good as alot of the 180-190cc aluminum heads out there , I realize youve got a budget.... dont we all....lol but just a little more you can have your self a set of nice aluminum heads, make more useable power and shave 50 lbs off the front of your car. MM&FF is doing a multi part test of just about all of the heads out there, the next issue on the shelves will have the larger cc heads that youre in the market for... IMO AFR 185's are #1 for all but a race motor, they make good velocity for street torque but are easily capable of 500+hp on a 393 stroker. They cost a little more than the rest of the aluminum heads but they dont come much better for an out of the box head.. My next brand choice would be Trick Flow followed by Edelbrock. If cost is an issue try a search on our favorite auction site,I just bought a set of edelbrock aluminum heads there for $760 and there was a set of iron Trick Flow High ports in real nice condition sell for under $600., .. they'll blow the socks off a set of roush heads on the street. Also the high ports dont have the rotated valves to you dont need to worry about piston clearance like you would with the TFS twisted wedge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts