Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Cool thanks, and your hood scope is still the stock Mach 1 scope?

I might have to really think hard on running a Vic Jr then.
Yeah stock hood scoop. Also, forgot to add, I don't run the metal grill in the scoop. I also grinded down the nubs and rib where the bolts for the metal grill bolted onto inside of the scoop for a cleaner look. I don't remember if it was necessary, but it's very easy to do since the scoop is fiberglass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too didn't want to cut my hood so I went went with RPM, mine made 545hp 497fts on the dyno with it so I don't really feel it hurt me that much.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Have run all the intakes mentioned on SBFs. Depending on the build which is picked can make a night and day difference. I have also flowed most of them on a flow bench attached to a head.

If hood clearance is needed a torker II flows almost identical to a VrJr with in a couple CFM.

As far as the air gap vs RPM there isnt much difference at all definitely not worth the extra 100.00

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ok with an air gap and all of my other parts, 770 street aveneger and a custom cam, my buddy (big ricer VW guy) claims there is now way I'll make more power than him. What do you guys think this thing will do?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Depending on the cam choice 500-530HP at the flexplate. You need a higher stall converter and a bigger carb to get more out of it.
I am having a custom one ground to wring the most out of it, woody from ford strokers will be getting the job in a couple weeks.

I am more than happy with 500-525 crank

·
Registered
34 Posts
More info on your combo?
Not sure of all the details as I took my engine builder a bare block and lots of cash. It was built about 5 years ago and this car sits a lot but from what I remember it was zero deck height 408 stroker forged rotating assy. He went with bare head casting and did all the porting himself, I don't remember the valve sizes but I pulled my cam card (Comp custom grind) gross lift intake .576 exhaust .600 duration at .050 intake 242 and exhaust 248 lobe separation 110, lobe lift intake, .3600 exhaust .3750 Springs furnished by Comp as well. Comp Roller rockers RPM intake and Holley street HP750 All MSD ignition.
Ive only ever run a minimum 93 octane and normally booster on that, can't remember compression ratio.

He did all the port work for free if I paid for the dyne time, we made 7 pulls on it, best was the 545hp and 497 ftlb thats was through Hooker super comp longtubes

Oddly enough this forum is giving me the bug to get this car and make some changes, I'm thinking victor junior or custom Hogan and Holley EFI I'm also going get a customer convertor that matches my combo better.

Hope that answers your question otherwise ask away

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Not sure of all the details as I took my engine builder a bare block and lots of cash. It was built about 5 years ago and this car sits a lot but from what I remember it was zero deck height 408 stroker forged rotating assy. He went with bare head casting and did all the porting himself, I don't remember the valve sizes but I pulled my cam card (Comp custom grind) gross lift intake .576 exhaust .600 duration at .050 intake 242 and exhaust 248 lobe separation 110, lobe lift intake, .3600 exhaust .3750 Springs furnished by Comp as well. Comp Roller rockers RPM intake and Holley street HP750 All MSD ignition.
Ive only ever run a minimum 93 octane and normally booster on that, can't remember compression ratio.

He did all the port work for free if I paid for the dyne time, we made 7 pulls on it, best was the 545hp and 497 ftlb thats was through Hooker super comp longtubes

Oddly enough this forum is giving me the bug to get this car and make some changes, I'm thinking victor junior or custom Hogan and Holley EFI I'm also going get a customer convertor that matches my combo better.

Hope that answers your question otherwise ask away
Thats great! about what I am gonna run, other than your carb is a bit better..... good info

41 - 53 of 53 Posts