Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know what the RPM range is for this type of manifold. This is the Dual Port 360, not just the 360. I can't seem to find much info online about these manifolds and the PAW catalog just has the theory behind the operation, not any tech specs.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Had one of those on a 351W back in the mid 70s. Offenhauser at that time said idle to 5500. I turned this engine 6500 back then and it was still pulling hard.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Had an Offy Dual Port manifold and 4165 (spread bore) Holley on the 289 in my street racer...with 4.62's the engine would pull good to over 6K and ran 14.0's @ 100 mph...good pretty good gas mileage too IIRC; that was back in the 1970's...likely few of those manifolds around anymore...

The combo worked pretty well with 3.50's too, which was my everyday gear. With an 11" converter, it ran mid-high 14's and still had good low end power...

Have fun!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks. As you can see , I do have one installed. I picked it up cheap on ehay so I could install a 4v carb. I was just wondering how much I'd be able to build the engine with this manifold. The theory sounded good, that's why I got it. Sounds like it has some potential. Thanks again!!

Jason

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Thanks for the trip down memory lane...most of my friends thought I was nuts to buy that weird manifold and carb...

Guess I proved them wrong...*G*

Hope you do the same...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts