Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting the gt valance with the exhaust holes and the backup lights on my 66 coupe. This eliminates those rusty little vertical bumperettes that were on there originally. So, does a GT have those little vertical bumperettes on the front? I think it would look silly if it has them on the front and not the back. It's a repro valance, what's with the gap between the bottom of the valance and the quarters?

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
GT rear valences gave up the bumperettes for the pass-through exhaust trumpets. Most GT owners don't think it looks out of place....

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I agree with Midlife that it does not look funny at all to have bumperettes on front and not on the GT rear.
Personally, I like the look of the 65 GT rear valence, without the backup lights, but that's just my quirky half-baked opinion...

As for the gap(s) that your get with repro body panels, those are the little extras that Taiwan gives us gratis.....*G* Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts