Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of replacement coil spring saddles for my 66 and they have rubber insulators over were the spring seats. The originals didn't have these, did the factory pieces come with rubber insulators? Should these be removed? I installed one side last night and the spring doesn't seem to sit very well on the rubber, anyone else have this problem?

Dan

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
The insulators were only at the top of the spring. They should not be on the perch. Perhaps they were there only to protect the perch before installation

·
Registered
364 Posts
I bought a set of replacement coil spring saddles for my 66 and they have rubber insulators over were the spring seats. The originals didn't have these, did the factory pieces come with rubber insulators? Should these be removed? I installed one side last night and the spring doesn't seem to sit very well on the rubber, anyone else have this problem?

Dan
I'm installing the Real Bit Kit right now, and the perches have rubberized inserts where the bottom of the spring rests. I was told it was for "anti squeek" purposes.

-Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts