Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see -67's with and without it. Whats correct? There is no holes in my support for it, and there is no indication, that my support has ever been replaced.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

·
Registered
938 Posts
Saw some on a 65 6cyl. the other day. Have never seen any before that, or recall reqding anything about them..rubber strips on rad. support. Ones I saw were on right/passenger side.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Same thing with 68s. I've seen 6 cyl cars with them and BB cars with them also but no SB cars that look original.

·
Registered
597 Posts
As far as I remember, the only 67's to have the rubber radiator supports were either the big block cars with the larger radiators or the 6 cylinder cars. Regular 289's did not use them.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Yup, agree with above. We're original owners - 67 GT FB A code - never was any rubber strip atop the rad cradle. So SB V8's did not have 'em. Have seen pics or BB V8's that did.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
My 67 shelby has it. It had the original staples still intact. My car is a GT350....

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Yeah but my 67 GT 350 does not have it. No holes for the staples either....go figure.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
My 67 GT350 has its original rubber strip and it also has the support around the heater blower motor, like the big block cars.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I've always wondered why the I6 cars had them but not the SBF? And now, I learned the BB cars had them!

Why?

Dean T

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked a guy about that and here's the answer:
"Those rubber strips were originally added to six cylinder cars to prevent carb-icing."

By the way - I found the holes for mine :)

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts