Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I will be participating in open track on Monday the 22nd of September at the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton. Play hooky from work and come racing. It would be fun to see more classic iron on the track.

The event is sponsored by:

Don Kitch Jr.
ProFormance Racing School
253.630.5130 Track Office
Team Seattle "The Heart of Racing"
IMSA United Sports Car

Contact Donna if interested
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Way back in the day that was just called Shelton. I went to a couple events there, a drag race & a sportscar race....more than 50 years ago (sigh).

The Ridge sounds cooler. My uncle Dick had Jerry Grant drive his 40 Ford in a sports car race in 1958, IIRC...(it was A 40 Ford club thing)..Grant was first into the first corner......then the trans started shedding gears.
Uncle Dick is gone now but I think Grant is still around.

OOPS, Grant died in 2012.

Got an oooold pic of unca Dick & his 40 Ford...at Shelton, I think.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JPIII, great pic! I think the Ridge is different then the old race track in Shelton. The Ridge is not very old and is still being developed.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hello everyone,
I will be participating in open track on Monday the 22nd of September at the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton. Play hooky from work and come racing. It would be fun to see more classic iron on the track.
Monday I'm headed to the engine shop to find out what my noise is. :(

·
Registered
855 Posts
The Ridge is awesome! So wish I could make another track day this year, but alas - funds to get to SEMA take precedence! :p

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I just received my SEMA badge today. I am looking forward to my 1st trip to it. :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Open track at the Ridge yesterday was great! Weather and track conditions where perfect. I did seven 20 minute sessions and then both me and the stang where out of gas. I still had tires and brakes at the end of the day. The drive home through Belfar and taking the ferry to West Seattle was excellent. Definitely the best way home from the track!

View My Video

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great pics Ponyboy -- I'd love to get to an open track at the Ridge. Back in the 70's we ran a 66 GT350H in SoCal - Riverside, Willow Springs & Ontario Motor Speedway- guess I'm dating myself. Present car is a '65 Fastback with most of the Shelby mods. it should be a decent open track car with the right rear gear. What gear do you run?
[email protected]

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am running 3.4 now. It matches the WC T5 gearing and 289 cam well. If I had a bigger cam and a T5z I would run a lower rear gear.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Did you hear the news about The Ridge's new owner/partner? Change is in store methinks, hopefully for the good!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you hear the news about The Ridge's new owner/partner? Change is in store methinks, hopefully for the good!
I did not! What are the details? Where can I read about it?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Ridge Motorsports Park Announces New Ownership Group and Management Team. SHELTON, Washington (October 3, 2014)

The Ridge Motorsports Park announced today that a new ownership structure and management team has been put into place, effective today.“Today is a great day for The Ridge” owner Joe Manke.

“We have finally concluded the ownership conflict and receivership, and now we are ready and excited to once again move forward in a positive direction with the tremendous potential of this project. This day has been a long time coming and we are extremely grateful for the loyalty and patience of all of our customers and friends”.

George (Rusty) Gill Jr. has joined Mr. Manke as co-owner of The Ridge Motorsports Park. Rusty brings with him the prodigious resources of his construction company RG Construction, the firm principally responsible for the construction of The Ridge from a parcel of raw land to the existing facility today.

"I am excited to partner with Joe on this project, we each bring strengths to the table that will get the project back on track”, said Rusty. “We are looking forward to getting to work over the off season on a number of projects that will enhance the experience at The Ridge next season, and into the future”.

Fred Wright will be the new General Manager of The Ridge Motorsports Park. Fred brings a wealth of professional business experience, coupled with a passion for motorsports, two key elements that when combined will facilitate the ownership vision, and ensure smooth operation.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Construction has started again at The Ridge. They are rebuilding several areas of the track and improving safety. Also adding a grandstand by turn 12 and a restroom facility. This track should be amazing this summer! Check out the updates the their Facebook account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts