Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my weekly email from Motrotsport.reg Monday and found that the Michiana Porsche Club was having an event at the Tire Rack HQ- Test track in South Bend Indiana. I figured what the heck, it said all makes welcome so I registered! My class was ED1 that I shared with a 2016-ish Vett, the only other non euro or asian car competing. He was a super nice guy by the way. Anyway, I was 10th out of 19 but learned a lot about the track. It is super abrasive and kills tires although drifting through the skid pad was awesome! I absolutely demolished my right front Bridgstone Ponenza RE71 with the other 3 not far behind. Weird how the major seller of tires to the racing crowd has the most tire killer track! But they close before the event is over? Several participants from Illinois 80+ miles away were left with tires that weren't going to get them home. Glad I bought a trailer. Grissom AFB is concrete but much less abrasive than Tire Rack, and more fun. Lesson learned.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
I love when you post about beating the crap out of your car. I get to live vicariously through you. Can we start a gofundme for you to get a gopro? I want lap videos!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love when you post about beating the crap out of your car. I get to live vicariously through you. Can we start a gofundme for you to get a gopro? I want lap videos!
I'm a bit old school for that. But I'm in need of some new treads for next year. I tend to hang with the more vintage participants that talk about how many sets of tires they have gone through this year.:surprise: I'm a cabinet maker by trade.
I appreciate the encouragement!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts