Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently removed the carpet from a 66 mustang and found a small amount of rust (about a dozen pin hole size in a corner of one of the back floorboards) rust is only showing from the topside. The bottom has been undercoated and is holding up well. I have removed the rust and still have the pin holes, does anyone have any suggestions...
I also recently had it painted and have found sandblast in the heating system ( the bottom corner inside the little vent door was quite full!) Should I check anything else ?
Thanks donna

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
the right way to do it would be to replace the floor board because if it is thin enough to have a hole in it, it probably isnt very strong.
however, you could try some fiberglass, or if your handy with a welder, weld in a patch panel.

good luck, and do it right, it will pay /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

- Jason

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
As Mr Siv says, the correct way to do it is to replace the floorpan, but you can also just patch it. I bought a POR-15 complete floor pan patch kit and was very happy with how my pans turned out--I did a couple of layers and have pretty good strength, even though I had quite a bit more than pin holes!

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts