Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing previous post on products used to kill rust, but don't remember the product names.

We are down to bare metal on most of our bodywork, but have one hole in the door that has eaten through. Want to treat inside to stop rust and patch it.

Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Rustmort. Not a paint. A treatment/converter. A phosporic acid actually. Sometimes leaves a sticky residue that I then clean off with wax/grease remover, then paint with whatever. In a enclosed place like inside a door I wouldn't worry about cleaning off the residue and would just paint over the sticky stuff. Another phosphoric product is Ospho. There are many others also, but don't recall the names.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Another product is called "Extend". However, I can't remember who manufactures this.

Scott

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've heard some really good reports about Zero-Rust, if you're looking for more alternatives. The guys at www.autobodystore.com swear by it over por-15 and they have some comparison pictures that make a pretty good case for it. I haven't tried either one yet myself but I do know that Restomotive Labs (the guys that make Por-15) have a pretty good catalogue and it's free.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts