Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week my daily driver was in the shop and I drove the stang to work. Monday I parked in my usual spot with no cover and didn't realize there was a tree loosing a bunch of stuff nearby. Long story short, it rained alot that day and when I came outside the car was covered in wet tree droppings.

I just spent a small fortune replacing the cowl and every other piece of metal on the car. How can I be sure all the drain holes are clear? I'm afraid some tree garbage fell into the doors and I can take the panels off to clean them out, but what about the stuff that got into the cowl? How do I handle that?

Is there anything else I should do? Needless to say, I put the cover on for the rest of the week.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
you may not want to do this but you can put a garden hose on LOW and place it on the cowl..If im not mistaken, the cowl has small drain holes near the corners directly inline and above torque boxes.. wait to see if water exits the bottom.. then youll know...

·
Registered
915 Posts
First Look down into the cowl if you see some small debris blow it out with compressed air.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts