Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. Got the "new" project car to the house yesterday. Needs floor pans, EVERYTHING in and around the trunk, quarters, wheelhouses... looks like everything from the rear seats and back.
Anyone done this before? Where is the best place to start? The car has Fred Flinstone rear floor pans and the rear springs have broken through the trunk floor... no support there.
I am considering doing the floor pans first, then the rear frame rails, followed by the trunk, followed by the wheel houses and quarters.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good way to attack it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
In the midst of doing this myself. How does the rear torque box look? Got the diff out and leaf springs off yesterday. Let me know how your progressing along with any pitfalls.

66 Coupe, Sauterne Gold (aka goose sh** green) rust bucket
order parts...wait....parts arrive....wait....look at parts...wait....scratch crotch...wait....look at rust bucket...sigh...scratch again

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't gotten that far yet. More at the Holy $%^& stage right now, trying to see what I need to do.

G

·
0 Posts
this sounds similiar to my verts needed repairs, Starting myself with the front 2 torque boxes then proceeding framewise to the rear, then going back up front for inner rockers, floorpans, floor to firewall extensions, then out back for the trunkfloor and cross brace, then praying that rear torque box is sound, cause it aint cheap. Anyways, KAR has an awsome kit for $730 that should have every part you need to replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts