Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any opinions or pictures of RWL tires on a '68 6-cyl with hubcaps? I have white walls right now with the deluxe 16-slot hubcaps, and was thinking of a "sportier" look. I usually only see RWL's on V8's with magnum 500's, styled steel wheels, etc. Wasn't sure if people did this, or if it was a good look or not?

Thanks!
Bryan

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Go for it! I think it will look better than the white wall.

·
Vendor
3,877 Posts
I agree with awhtx... Some things don't go with other things.. As my grandfather used to be fond of saying, "like socks on a chicken..". ;)

Either own the caps in all their original glory, whitewalls and all, or invest in an alternative wheel would be my advice.

I would rock the caps and the whitewalls with my head held high. :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I had WWs on my 67 with hubcaps. I went with 68 14x6 GT wheels and turned the whites inside.

Many more choices with a blackwall vs RWL.

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
^^^^ I'm running the Cooper Cobras but I recommend no greater than a 205/70/14 on the stock wheels. The wider/taller aspect ratio doesn't look right on the front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with awhtx... Some things don't go with other things.. As my grandfather used to be fond of saying, "like socks on a chicken..". ;)

Either own the caps in all their original glory, whitewalls and all, or invest in an alternative wheel would be my advice.

I would rock the caps and the whitewalls with my head held high. :)
Oh, I definitely hold my head high with the white walls ;)! I'm inclined to keep things as they are. Just looking some some sage advice, so thank you! (y)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
^^^^ I'm running the Cooper Cobras but I recommend no greater than a 205/70/14 on the stock wheels. The wider/taller aspect ratio doesn't look right on the front.
The smallest Cooper Cobra listed is 215/70/14. It might look a bit better on a coupe. BFG Radial T/A comes in 205/70/14.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
i say pick a look YOU like. i have done RWLs on stock wheels and caps, though i prefer BWLs on stock wheels.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm a huge RWL fan, have them on everything. I recall seeing a few mustangs with caps and letters, I thought they looked pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts