Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,235 Posts
1967 S Code Convertibles: 2181 out of 29,457 total.
1968 S Code Convertibles: 1078 out of 10,650 total.
1969 S Code Convertibles: 251 out of 10,549 total.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
In '68 it was 1078 - 153 - 249 = 676 as a lot of "S" codes were converted to Shelby's w/428's and not 390's.

Depends on if you mean "S" VIN'd shells, or S codes w/390 off the line... either way kinda rare cars!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, that is pretty rare. I'm looking at buying one. here's the specs: very solid, original 390 and 4 speed toploader, deluxe interior, original 9", front disc brakes. its a project, needs the usual resto, paint, motor rebuilt (heads are already done), suspension, brakes, etc. been off the road for many years but stored inside. Whats it worth? I'm thinking mid teens? fully restored they go for high 20's?

·
Registered
765 Posts
TMontg69 said:
fully restored they go for high 20's?
Probably just me, but I dont see anywhere you say, which year you're talking about, but if -67, I've seen fully restored ones hit around $50K.

Get a Marti to verify it.

Good luck.

Paul

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I'd like to see the details on a "fully restored" '68 S code convertible for the high 20's.

Looking for project cars, but that car, done properly, at that price would be of interest...

A date correct '68 390GT engine (built and dyno'd) with correct air cleaner and smog will set you back 7-9k (bare minimum) from what I've seen looking for a replacement for the detonated one in my GT coupe...

At that price, buy it... or PM me! :p

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Not a lot of comps but the few I've seen are pretty similar prices for '67 or '68...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I dont have any pics yet. I still havent gotten a value on this. Come on guys, what's a ballpark range--give me some feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
As been said a million times, location, options, attention to details, condition all weigh in. That said, I logged into my Hagerty ins. account and from there went into NADA classic car pricing. I plugged in specs for my '67 390GT 4spd vert, ground up nut & bolt resto, well detailed. The high number was approx $64K, similar options to a '68 was approx $65K. I was offered a year ago $70K by a car collector, I still have the car.
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...=74&c=11&o=13798~13794&vi=99349&z=03036&da=-1
Color and appeal have alot to do with it also. Hope this helps get you into ballpark.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Loaded 67s are worth more than similar 68s because the 67 deluxe interior is liked so much better.

IF you had a 68 S-code GT vert with a LOT of options in a great color combo (say red/deluxe red) and it was done really nicely top and bottom I would say you could get $50K for it. At a big time auction maybe more.

If it is seafoam green with a standard ivy green interior knock $10K off that price. I'm not kidding.

Not having the GT package is gonna lower the value $3-5K.

It's all about condition, color and options. When I say done really nicely I mean EVERY piece on the car has been touched. Not just seat covers and a paint job.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is a GT car. I dont have the door tag info yet so I dont know the colors but it currently looks like it was candy apple red with black deluxe interior. I did the NADA on a restored one and got pretty much the same numbers. I was wanting to know the value of a good solid project car though.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I can give one example but not sure how close to your's or how good it'll be. Have a friend who's been restoring mustang's for 20 yrs, his brother asked him to sell his '67 390 GT vert 4spd I think with deluxe because of a divorce. I thought about how cool it would to have two of them but was trying to finish mine and didn't have extra money. It needed a FULL resto, floors the whole bit and this was a few years ago. Sold it for roughly $10K. It had the engine & trans but I'm not 100% they were even orig. I thought the price should have been around 8-9K but it was advertised nationaly and sold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts