Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I went to SBMO car show in Torrance H.S. with my '71 Mach 1 with 429 CJ, there's something I don't understand how I end up in 2nd place. Since my car is in '69-'73 fastback from factory stock, maybe some of you have seen a red '69 fastback with 428 engine, is that from the factory or modified? I was having a hard time to believe that it was from the factory since most if not all of his engine made of chrome and he won the 1st place. Not only that, but some do not belong to the factory stock. I know it was ballot by those who partipate the show but I need to understand how does this work between stock and modified?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
What class were you in? Was there a break down between stock and modified? Or just by year?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in '69-'73 stock fastback class. There were only 4 of them and the one who won which I do not think it should be in that class. I would like to hear some feedbacks from others who attend that show. I don't want to sound like a sore loser but just being fair for everyone. I am trying to figure our how thing works. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Different clubs run their shows with different ways of distinguishing between stock and modified. MOCC is very strict and even had a technical inspection before their Woodley Park show to ensure stock class cars were truly stock. OCMC and SBMO often have a very broad definition of "stock", and their shows reflect that. BTW, I did vote your silver Mach 1 as 1st in that class, the red 429 FB 2nd, and the green '69 Mach 1 3rd.

I understand your frustration because I finished 2nd to the chromed-out '66 Tahoe Turquoise coupe that belonged to the OCMC club president & his wife. However, I'm not complaining because that was really a very nice car, although not completely stock as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for information but I still don't like it. I like Woodley Park show better. I think the majority of people who voted our cars came from non-vintage Mustang. I'm sure those guys who won the 1st place must be feeling lucky. Look forward to attend the Queen Mary show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts