Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1965 mustang, originally inline 6 (200ci) and three speed transmission. I was wondering if I bought a 2005 gt mustang front k member rotor to rotor suspension including engine and transmission if this would fit in my mustang?

Thanks RJ

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a 67 Cougar that I put in a 70 LTD engine and trans. A friend of my son asked how big an engine could I put into a Mustang/Cougar. I told him it only depended upon how much money he had and that anything can be put in anything for the right price.

·
Registered
34,615 Posts
I have a 1965 mustang, originally inline 6 (200ci) and three speed transmission. I was wondering if I bought a 2005 gt mustang front k member rotor to rotor suspension including engine and transmission if this would fit in my mustang?

Thanks RJ
I guess if you wanted to chop the front subframe rails at the firewall, drop out the aprons and shock towers, and fabricate a new subframe system to support the new K-member then the answer would be "sure".

·
Just some guy
20,000 Posts
The track width of an S197 is like six inches wider than a 1965. Among the other difficult issues you'd have to overcome. Not a bad idea, very impractical though. There are ever so many better/easier choices for not much more money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts