Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Dimples
3,695 Posts
I'm not interested in throwing shade at California. Great place to visit, but I do wish the Californians would quit moving here and screwing up property values.

As far as this particular case goes, I've been working on cars in personal garages for 30 years now, and I have never had code enforcement visit me. I did have a local cop stop and tell me "cool car" when I was installing an engine though. I prefer the Texas way of doing things in this instance.

·
Registered
34,290 Posts
foolish ? Why ? He just bought it. Oh so hes suppose to go run buy a cover somewhere on the weekend ? You are really stupid ! He found the car and went and bought it right away. He didn't know it was a violation and neither did I. What's he suppose to do buy a car cover weeks in advance for a car he might not ever get ? WTF dude ! your an idiot 22gt and you don't have a fn clue ! get a brain you fool !
Wow! Are you OK? Pretty intense flame for a minor, constructive comment. I mean, four personal insults and two F bombs.

And yeah, you can pretty much get a generic car cover over the counter at like Pep Boys, etc.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
thats BS. A friends son is a firefighter and I just called him and asked him. He said the fire department doesnt move cars. They would have to get the keys from the owner and they dont do that and they dont break door glass or ignition locks. They will only have a vehicle moved IF it is blocking a fire hydrant and they will call the impound garage tow truck to do that. He said there priority is to get water on the fire asap and they can always pull hoses around and over vehicles. Btw I have seen many news reports of burned out houses and apartment buildings with vehicles still in the garage and driveway.

supershifter2 Relax!! I am only relating what I was told ( exact words) by the ANAHEIM city employee , and I obviously used in my defense strategy for the exact reasons you have noted. It worked.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
thats BS. A friends son is a firefighter and I just called him and asked him. He said the fire department doesnt move cars. They would have to get the keys from the owner and they dont do that and they dont break door glass or ignition locks. They will only have a vehicle moved IF it is blocking a fire hydrant and they will call the impound garage tow truck to do that. He said there priority is to get water on the fire asap and they can always pull hoses around and over vehicles. Btw I have seen many news reports of burned out houses and apartment buildings with vehicles still in the garage and driveway.
Just because the FD won't move them (and during my time as a FF that was never brought up either), doesn't mean the city can't pass an ordinance like that, cuz city/town/all legislators are generally clueless about stuff and pass laws just cuz they can.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Running an air compressor during the night is something I would never do. Or having piles for junk at the curb. This is just bad behavior. But I also don't want to get limited by law to e.g. oil changes. People should be reasonable in their actions.

I agree with you. I try to limit the times I'm making noise in the garage to day light hours and not before 8 on weekends because I get that people like to sleep in or enjoy their time off. When it comes to old junk parts I cut them to fit in the garbage cans or set them out so the local "scrappers" can pick them up. Which normally happens with in a few hours if it doesn't I haul the stuff off myself. I understand I'm a hobbyist but there are those that do have a business.

Locally they just passed a law that we can't have a car on the property that isn't insured and tagged. So I keep my project car in the garage.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I've been to every state in this country and have spent/do spend a lot of time in kalifornia, and I can guarantee you that I would never live in that completely messed up state. You, or anyone, can judge where I live all you want because everyone is entitled to an opinion and others opinion on the state I live in makes absolutely zero difference in what I'm going to do today. It's great that we have the option to live where we want, and telling people to "give it a rest" on expressing an opinion, on a public forum, as if you're the kalifornia opinion police is kind of funny. I wish less people liked it where I live, so they'd quit moving here.
Give it a rest...

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Give it a rest...
I’m thinking you should probably lay off trying to police anyone’s right to express their opinion here. Lucky for you, my opinions are free. Now if I could just get all those corporations to quit leaving kalifornia and moving to Texas....... yeahhhhh. That would be greeeeeat. If it bothers you that badly, you may need a break from the internet. After reading this thread, there may be a couple of people that need a break from the internet.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts

Attachments

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.