Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good Sacramento area shops that do good work on the classic Mustangs?
Any good Sacramento area shops that can do a good alignment job?

Thanks,

RME

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would have thought someone from the area would have responded by now. I looked into it a bit and found Sacramento Mustang. The shop owner is Brian Lee who has an extensive knowledge of Mustangs. I know this because a friend of mine bought one of the cars he built. Very nice quality. They are located at 4631 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA, 95841. (916)484-3434 and Mustang Parts - Sacramento Mustang - Your Best Source for Mustang Parts. I got this info out of the NorCal Shelby Club Feb 2011 newsletter. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No never got any replies actually.
Sacramento Mustang sells parts and they have a (or a shop is on the same grounds) called Norcal Motorsports
NorCalMotorSports.com

I did contact them (Gary) regarding some front end work.
Roller Spring Perches
Upper and Lower Arms
Arning Drop
Shocks

They quoted me a price of $800 in labor which is reasonable in this area. I decided to try and tackle it myself. Actually the Gary at Norcal told me the job is not the difficult. He says once you get the spring out just a few bolts to get the parts out. He advised me if I had a spring compressor (which I do) to try and tackle the job myself and save myself the labor. You don't get that kind of advice from a shop very often so I definitely plan on using them for future work. I plan on seeing about an alignment there once I finish the front end work.

I also plan on the borgeson integral box. I might let them install it depending on the cost.

I have used Markenbill Automotive as they Mark is quite Knowledgeable about the older cars. They are located on 14th Avenue. They don't specialize in Mustangs but do a lot of work on Classic cars (and new cars). Their pricing has gotten high though and the last time I was there the customer service was lacking.

There is J&K Mustangs on Date Avenue but I have no idea of the quality of work and they are almost around the corner from Norcal.

I am close enough (I live in Elk Grove) to go up to the Mustangplus Restomod shop. I have never used them either although I was impressed with the facility.

I was never able to locate any other places.

RME

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is American Mustanf the shop in Rancho Cordova?
Yes...located off of Highway 50 and Folsom Blvd.
Just about 15 min from where I live.

Just bought a slew of parts from them.
Main store I go to when I need parts from a local supplier.
Also they will match prices which is a bonus.

Did not know they did alignments so will have to ask about that.

Thanks,

Marc Cramer

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Norcal Motorsports and American Mustang do good work. I haven't heard anything about J&K.
I have bought parts at American Mustang in Rancho Cordova.
I was not aware that they did actual work on cars.
Will have to revisit their store (soon).

Rod

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
American Mustang

Thanks for the American Mustang info.
I had no idea that they actually worked on cars.
They are going to do the Borgeson conversion on my 68 Mustang.
They are friendly and their prices and Hrly labor rate seem reasonable.

They are quite busy though as I could not get in for my conversion until May!
Not a problem since I have not even bought the kit yet and I want to finish up the
suspension (Upper Control Arms, Lower Control Arms, Arning drop, Roller Spring Perches)
before I take it in so I can get it all aligned.

RME

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a used 200ci engine from Brian Lee at NorCal/Sacramento Mustang... really nice guy, fair price on the engine. Also have bought quite a bit of stuff from Sacramento Mustang - very fair prices which are competitive with most of the prices you'll find at NPD and other online places.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gearhead Garage

Saw Gearhead Garage was in the Sacramento paper. Looks like they are making quite a name for themselves. They seem they specialize in Muscle Cars although not just Fords. Seems like it might be a bit pricey for my popcorn budget!

Gearhead Garage | Home

I went to Mustangs Plus to see about getting my seat pans lowered (they quoted me $1400 but would do it for $1200) I found out they were out of my price range also. Still looking for a shop to do that work. I think I will take the advice on the forum and get the seat pans out myself and then buy the 69 seat pans (which everyone says is already lower and will work for my 68) and find someone to weld in the new seat pans.

I have the Borgeson install being done by American Mustang. Thanks for the advice to that shop. My install date is May 12 so I will see how there workmanship is. I might ask them about welding in new seat pans.

RME

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a great experience with Redline Tire in Rocklin talk to Rick. They were up front honest and did good work.
They checked everything out before the alignment, told me the pitman arm needed replaced, recommended me replacing it myself due to cost and bringing it back. I was so happy with the service I had him put 4 new tires on too. I want to say the alignment was right around 60.00.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alignment Specs

What alignment specs did they use?
I have the Arning/Shelby drop along with some other Opentracker goodies.

Was happy so far with the work at shop I used in Sacramento.

RME

I had a great experience with Redline Tire in Rocklin talk to Rick. They were up front honest and did good work.
They checked everything out before the alignment, told me the pitman arm needed replaced, recommended me replacing it myself due to cost and bringing it back. I was so happy with the service I had him put 4 new tires on too. I want to say the alignment was right around 60.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts