Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
What an awful tale !

That will keep me from drooling over cars on ehay for a while..... Dickson

So what lucky VMFer is going to bring that pig back to life?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
*n

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
I'd missed out on several project cars recently because I was unwilling to purchase a car "sight unseen". Boy, that makes me glad I'm such a worry-wart.

If this is true, the guy has a serious case against the lender and their so-called "inspector"

·
Registered
326 Posts
We are members of the club that Harland belongs to and know him well. He is about as knowledgeable as they come. If anything, he is thorough.

At this moment his shop is doing a rotiserrie resto on our '70 mach (yes, its that rusty). We have been impressed with his (and his craftsmans) skill, honesty and mindfulness of our budget. We are expecting excellent results.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
"The clutch pedal remains in place attached to nothing. and hidden under the carpet"

Unbeliveable !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Licensed dealers are required to be bonded by the state they do business in. This fellow should be contacting the state of California about the problem. They would find the dealer. I am sure they would be very unhappy about anyone selling such a dangerous car.

G

·
0 Posts
How sad!It takes all kinds. My '66 drag car had a bad past. The PO took it down & borrowed $10K against it & never made a payment. When the wrecker arrived to repo it, the vin was different & on a rusty hulk. Sometimes I think the government should declare open season on these bastards!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
"So what lucky VMFer is going to bring that pig back to life?" - Oh God!

I'd say hey, isn't the insurance company the one that evaluated it before the purchase? I might just leave it on the curb with the keys in it............. *G*.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
too bad he didn`t get a VMF`r to check it out

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Tell your friend that if he wants help tracking this chump down, that I have ALOT of ex-profession contacts that can find this chump.

I really dislike people like this and believe they should get what is coming to them.

what a crook!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts