Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Safelite windshield. If so, what were your experiences with the quality? Thanks in Advance.

Gyzmo

p.s. This is for a 66 coupe.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I had Safelite install one several years with their "lifetime" warranty. When I realized it was leaking, they made a lame attempt at sealing it and then said they would refund my money. I didn't want the money, I wanted a leak free windshield. I will never go back to them and I will try to steer others away from them.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ditto, mine is leaking also. I need to take it back and have them fix it. When they installed it they messed up my paint. ::

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a Safelite Windshield Installed 2 years ago on my '65 convertible with no issues so far. Of course my car never sees rain but I see no leaks when I wash it. Sorry to hear about your problems. - Good Luck -

·
Registered
321 Posts
Think the original question was "Quality of the glass?".

I just put a brand new windshield in my '67 with all the original "Carlite" in white script. The quality of the glass was excellent. I did it myself and it was simple and leak free. I can get you the part # if you like.
Anthony

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to work for safelite auto glass in a warehouse. The quality is good if you get a person who checks the glass for quality. Alot of glass from all companies has minor blemishes that are deemed acceptable. very rarely will you get a perfect piece of glass. I would tend to go with PPG or another brand because the glass seems thicker and seems to be a little better quality. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts