Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 Mach 1 that runs (barely). I need to do a full carb cleaning and replace a couple of vacuum lines, but I need to get rid of it ASAP. Does anyone know of a reputable reseller/wholesaler in FL who'll give me a decent price for it? The whole car is together, I just don't have the luxury of time to get top dollar for it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
put it on ebay - in 5 days it will bid to more than you think - any "offers" from anyone on here, c-list, dealer etc will be low ball/bottomfeeder type offers
Exactly what I did with a 2004 Chevy SSR. Ebay worked great.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
put it on ebay - in 5 days it will bid to more than you think - any "offers" from anyone on here, c-list, dealer etc will be low ball/bottomfeeder type offers
Been there done that- I listed a 66 'vert, sold it 3 times, had to file claims 3 times to get my listing fees back, finally sold it on the 4th go round- a month later. The latest was my '66 coupe- sold it 3 times, never got paid. Took 3 weeks to wait for claims to run their course, then got my $ back. Ended up selling it locally for $1,500 less than the highest bid. EBay isn't what it used to be. It's full of deadbeat bidders, 0 feedback bidders, and probably kids playing with their parents accounts and no intentions of following through.Good luck selling it either way bud

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
$50 for Autotrader or $100 for ebay and $5 for craigslist will make thousands from messing with a reseller/dealer. Either way it will go quickly when the price is right.

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
212 Posts
I have a 70 Mach 1 that runs (barely). I need to do a full carb cleaning and replace a couple of vacuum lines, but I need to get rid of it ASAP. Does anyone know of a reputable reseller/wholesaler in FL who'll give me a decent price for it? The whole car is together, I just don't have the luxury of time to get top dollar for it.
There is a for sale section on here. list it with pics, you will have your best chance of someone buying it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
List it on here. If it's a good deal it will sell quick. If it's an average deal it will take some time. If it's over priced it will sit.

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
I listed a complete running, driving 70 Mach on Craiglist for a friend. Within an hour he had people calling and making offers. Car was on deposit within four hours. I told him beforehand he wasn't asking enough, now he's getting offers over asking.

All I'm going to say is whatever you think it's worth, ask 50% more. The availability of financing for old cars has made the market explode.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Facebook marketplace. Free to list, Free to sell.

I have bought 160-180 cars all over the place since 2016...I don't understand folks who buy then don't complete

·
Super Moderator
10,031 Posts

I have bought 160-180 cars all over the place since 2016...I don't understand folks who buy then don't complete
You buy and finish project cars?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Time is money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts