Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple guys and I from the SF Peninsula want to have a Mustang meet in the peninsula. So, here is the time and place that we suggest.

Nations Burger in Westlake (Daly City)
Saturday June 23rd @ 2:00pm.

People from the North, South, and East bay are definitely welcome. (As are all year Mustangs)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I live in Stockton... That's a bit of a drive but I am interested

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Is this going to be a casual show n' shine event? Sounds like fun. I'm in Fremont, so it's within easy driving distance. Is the gathering intended more for the third and fourth generation cars or the first generation cars? Tell us more!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by RagTop on 04/16/01 07:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Hey man, we'll just meet... Every Mustang counts!

G

·
0 Posts
Sound fun!! Do you guys do this all the time?? I'm is So Cal, but I go up there occasionally!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm also from Fremont and would be interested. Maybe I'll get the interior done by then

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Man, I wish there was someone else in Stockton!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason for this event is to begin to get people in the San Francisco Bay Area together. So far the closest Mustang clubs are in Concord (45 minutes away), San Jose (45 minutes away) and San Leandro (not too far, but a little far for those of us in the Peninsula). Hopefully we can gather enough folks who are interested in either making this a more regular thing or hopefully, to start a club here.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think this will be the first of many show and shine and hang out event.
As far as who it's intended for... all of us. The guy who's helping to do this (he has more experience than me) has a 90 Saleen and a 2000 Gt, and I own a 66 GT. Let others know pleasse, the more the merrier.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be in Stockton on the 29th of April, at the Mustang Plus get together (I think that's what's called). Are you going?

K

·
0 Posts
Be aware that the Vinatge Mustang Owners Association of San Jose is having their show that day in Fremont. I'd suggest changing your getogether to Sunday. That way those there can also attend your event too. Of course you could meet and then drive over to the VMOA show. It would be great to see a bunch of show cars and then a herd of ponies come rumbling in.
Have fun. Wish I could do both but I have to go whitewater rafting that week. Oh the problems I live with......

Michael G.
http://i15.yimg.com/15/7f5aebbb/h/cc7a7703/67MustFrontSpclsmall.jpg

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Shaun. Correction, I'll be in Stockton on Saturday the 28th of April at the Mustang Plus Show.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Hi fellow Fremonter! Do you ever take your car to Classic Burger on Fremont Blvd. on Friday nights? Heck of a good gathering of local street rods and muscle cars. If you get out there, look for my 69 Meadowlark Yellow convertible. Or, if you need any help restoring the 69 SportsRoof, we've got one of those too. Feel free to e-mail.

Regards,
RagTop

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Have you looked into the Golden Hills Mustang club? I think they're from the Stockton area.

K

·
0 Posts
Hey Ragtop
I might make it up to the Classic Burger(?) on Friday night. I'll be coming from Morgan Hill (south) so would I take 880? exit where? Time?

Michael G.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think I will try and make it to Classic Burger this weekend.

What time do I need to show up to find a parking spot ?

Look for the Highland Green CS/GT with new 16" Shelby 10 spokes !

Joe Praxel
(another Fremonter)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Make sure you post an address on Fremont Blvd for us .....
it is a pretty loooonnnngggg street !

K

·
0 Posts
Okay I've searched the NET. I found two Classic Burgers. Neither are near Fremont nor on Fremont blvd. One is in Los Gatos and the other is in San Lorenzo. SO where is this burger place you speak of??????
Must have a different name of maybe isn't listed in the Yellow Pages.

Michael G.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I may have to take you up on your offer. I bought a gutted out Sportsroof and don't know if I have the right pieces for the fold down sections. It would be nice to see one assembled.....I'll look for you on Friday night. I imagine if it rains, I'll have to try another time. Classic Burger on Fremont Blvd.?? I know of Chubby's Burger by Red Lobster??

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

1 - 19 of 19 Posts