Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really was glad I got a chance to go to the Bama show yesterday. Got there just before everyone left. Got to see some real nice rare cars. Now I'm wondering if there's a store in the area which I could check out which sells Classic Mustang parts?

Thanks,
Adrien.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Depends:

NPD (fast mail order, but have to pay tax and shipping)
Ponderosa Mustang (mail order, best prices, plus Matt is a cool guy and a VMFer)
Mustang's Only (on 13th, just off 101, in SJ) for emergencies

There is also a place up in Dublin that I've been meaning to check out. I can't recall the name at the moment.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
It depends for me as well:

Mustangs Plus in emergencies, because I live right down the street from them
NPD is my main supplier. But as the poster above noted, you have to pay shipping, which sucks. But they're the best, bar none.
California Mustang is a last ditch effort. Many times they'll caryr something in stock that NPD or MP doesn't.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Mustangs Only on Old Oakland Road in San Jose has lots of new and used Mustang parts. They will usually have what you are looking for at a price you definitely aren't looking for. I try to avoid them unless the part is really hard to find. 408-453-1077
Also in San Jose is Mustangs R Us. Pat operates out of an old house off Monterey Road south of downtown. 408-293-6860
There's Mustang Magic in Fremont. I deal with Paul a lot. 510-793-2221
In Dublin there's Mustang Parts House. Ken knows 65-66 cars really well. 925-803-0459
In San Leandro there's Big D Mustang. Greg favors 69-70 cars. 510-481-2443
Stang It in Concord. 925-682-6493
Finally, there's Harry Pulliam in Oakdale. Lots of parted out cars. 209-847-1829
Oh, I also recommend NPD and Virginia Classic Mustang.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have been extremely happy with Chris and Sierra at Mustangs Muscles and Classics in Santa Rosa, very reasonable pricing and
great availability, they can also find that rare part you are looking for.

It might be a "mom and pop" store but they treat you right.
(707) 571- 8077

Here is another connection:

Tony Navarra......man this guy can find anything!!!!!!
he is truely amazing!!! very very cool guy too!!

you can reach him at T and D motors
(408)248-4959 or email him with your needs [email protected]

pricing is good to fair. Tony will also consider trading parts depending on what you have.

another is in Stockton (not MP)
Bacon's Used Mustang parts and collectibles
parts for 65-73 stangs

2545John st
Stockton, CA 95205

John Bacon (209)465-4150

pricing is fair market value.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I've got to second your recommendation of Chris and Sierra in Santa Rosa. I stopped by there during a business trip when I had some free time and they were very helpful. I actually bought a curved chrome Monte Carlo bar from them that day. Nice folks but a little far from the South Bay. Where is T and D located in S.J.? This guy sounds interesting. I've got some pretty decent used stuff I could trade with him.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Over the past 10 years I've bought several thousand dollars worth of parts from Tony. rear end, front disc kit, M/S parts, suspension parts, interior parts, etc.

Due to some bad experiences with Tony, I've stopped doing business with him. I'd rather not go into details.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You are not alone. I too had a bad experience with Tony. Let's just say, "what you see, it not always what you get." He's a bit of a magician!! I'd stay away, unless you absolutely know what you are buying!! Don't let him tell you what it is!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
What do you have?? I'm putting together the Mach and always looking for different things. Maybe we can start a Bay Area Parts Exchange??

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Chetz, This is where you and I can agree that knowing what you are looking for is very important.....

So far I haven't had any bad dealings....but i'll keep my fingers crossed, thanks for the input though.

Bay area parts exchange....sounds like a good idea....

Yes Chris and Sierra have my thumbs up.

It is always good to network and pass along the good info.
This is why I love VMF....

regards
Roberto

1 - 12 of 12 Posts