Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my son and I rebuilt his 67 coupe years ago we had the underneath blasted. Since then I understand that the art of sandblasting has been somewhat perfected. Can some of you give me some advise or concerns about blasting the exterior of a car, or if it should even be done. Also what type of media?

THE NINETY-NINETY RULE OF PROJECT SCHEDULES...
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the project takes the other 90%.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,026 Posts
Don't use sand. Plastic media is one of the alternatives available these days. Try going to the following: http://www.autorestorer.com There are alot of people there with experience and knowhow that you can ask about getting rid of old paint, rust, etc.
 
G

·
I am in the process of blasting my exterior and was sold a baking soda plastic mixture.

It is much smaller and very abrasive. Also it will do very little harm to the underlying steel.

Check into this.......

LOL

Jimbo65

65 I6 200 Coupe (Daily Driver)
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top