Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of buying a nice engine hoist, I barrow my father in laws M tractor and loader. I looked all over for a Ford Motorsports new late model oil pan. I find the last one in stock in the state of Nebraska. Through Rod and Custom they are $189. I paid $135 for the exact same one at a speed shop. What luck. Now back to the tractor. After putting the pan one the dummy engine with my AOD installed I preceded to lower the whole thing down into the engine bay.A min after I took this pic, I pushed the dam lever to far and dropped the engine on my crossmember. Or should I say my nice new pan. SMASH!!! I was so sick about it for awhile, but I might be able to salvage it by hammering it out. Its going to look like crap when people look under the car to see my Rod and Custom conversion. Oh well...
http://a4.cpimg.com/image/8C/99/11956364-4b6e-028001E0-.jpg

·
Registered
781 Posts
OUCH!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

JDiehl
70 76 B Convert 3514v w/a shaker!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Those dang Farmall's are always so touchy on the levers...should've used a Minneapolis for this kind of work, you can push the levers on those all day with nothing bad happening! (and nothing good happening either!) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Glad nothing got hurt but pride and metal. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
D

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sorry to hear of the problem...need to leave the tractor and scoop to the work they were ment to do. Scoop sh##....
Buy the engine hoist...they are handy for all kinds of stuff...

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have always wondered if hinging the radiator support would make things easier.......

Hmmm maybe im on to something

glad no one got hurt

G

·
First, glad no one's hurt. Second, did that to a '69 Cobra Torino once... complete engine & car... Now about that pan, beat it out as good as you can & use some good old Bondo on it... that & paint hides all sorts of sin.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
yah, we used a fork lift to get my 5.0 engine out........ it got dropped a few time /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
4,143 Posts
I think that Kent said it best (and in my best Homer Simpson voice) DOH! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/square/sqcranky.gif fd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts