Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, the 70 Boss 302 finally got back on all fours last week. However, we will not make the Auction that is next week as we became too picky with the car but thought that it might as well be done right. We will be selling the car on [censored] when finished but with a catch. The Maine State Attorney General's Office has told us that due to a Federal law regarding selling out of state, we will only be able to sell the car to a Maine resident. Do any of you know someone from Maine? HINT, HINT. By the way, I received the numbers on the car from Kevin Marti, that he graciously donated, and this is a "one of seven" car and we also have the original Ford invoice we received from Lois Eminger. Plus we have found that the non-original to the car but original 70 Boss 302 engine is actually a 70 Boss 302 replacement block. The transmission and rear end are original. This car is going to be unbelieveable with over 3000 hours of work and hundreads of photos that we will also put on a CD as well as a "Saving Cars Behind Bars" T-Shirt signed by all who have worked on the car. We truely have resurrected this classic car as the photos show. If anyone wants more info or updates on the car, email me. Here is the site to see the latest photos: http://members7.clubphoto.com/richard401337/1175453/guest.phtml

Thanks,
Deputy Warden Al Barlow
Thomaston, Maine
[email protected]
207-354-8126

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks like a first class operation! Good to see a Prison that Truly Rehabilitates People instead of just water feed and sleep! Keep it up!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told that because the prisoners are not paid, we can not sell out of state. If they were paid and it was commensurate with what people in the area working in the same job receive for wages, than we could. Of course, the prisoners are not paid so we have to sell within the state. I wish we could sell to anyone but I have been instructed by the AG's office and will have to comply.
Thanks,
Al Barlow

·
Registered
930 Posts
Al- First of all I want to commend you on a great program you are doing there and the time spent fighting for it. Secondly that restoration is looking just great!!! Let the guys know they are doing a fine job on it! That car is looking fantastic and I wished I had the time and money to do the same with mine. Please keep us updated on the finished car. I know I will look forward to seeing it completed. ;)

·
Registered
981 Posts
are you selling it no reserve ?if so someone in maine will get a good deal.I'm not sure you can sell it on ehay and limit it to just maine ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We will be adding a $20,000 reserve on the car. Very reasonable for the end result of this car. I was told we could do this on [censored] but have not asked [censored] yet.

Just checked with Ehay and they said that we could sell to Maine residents only but would suggest that we make a prominent statement at the beginning of our ad to that effect.

Thanks,
Al Barlow

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Well done. Please forward to all fo the people that have poured their efforts into this vehicle that it looks awesome!
Way to go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts