Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some people doing with old parts they have removed from their cars ?
I have saved most of the old parts, like the firewall mat, old control arms/ball joints, old heater box.
But i have also sold my old rotors, calipers, and spindles when i converted to the Granada ones....money was nice for once.

Shaune

the older i get.....the less tolerant i become

67 GTA 390 F/B underconstruction
79 F100 very rusty but mine
92 grand caravan...family wheels

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
If you can find the space I would suggest you save them. If not for yourself someone else that may need them. You would be surprised what gets reused as restorers can not find original looking parts.

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473/
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation, and help.
Where sharing with one .. means sharing with all

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I keep all old parts, never know what will be unavailable in the future. Also a good reference while restoring future cars too see what original parts look like.

68 GT500
68 1/2 CJ Coupe

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I keep every part except fot the ones that are totally garbage and hve no hope of being used again.

68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570462&a=11937310&p=44317415.jpg

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Mine are sitting in a big pile in the garage...I find them nice to refer to once in a while. The firewall and rear seat mat is reproduced and mine had some stuff growing in it so I threw that away after a year or so.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I usually try to sell or give away anything that has any value at all, and toss the rest. I just don't have room to store them. Thank goodness for people that do, though. Went to 66GT350's house yesterday and loaded my Bronco with parts to build my son's '65 with. Rob has (well, had) a complete Mustang or 2 in his rafters *LOL*.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro

G

·
0 Posts
I've got a couple of boxes of old parts. I keep them to refer back to. For instance, several months after I replaced the U-joints I accidentally stumbled onto a page in one of my restoration books that detailed the u-joints on my car. I went to the garage and dug out the old original ones, only to discover that I had installed an incorrect one in back. You never know how they may help you if you get rid of them.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1606262&a=12247897&p=44606300.jpg
The G-Man's '65 K-code Fastback
Visit my website

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
John,
I found out what the "mystery" bracket was for, thanks to the VMF. It was pictured in Bob Mannel's book, I guess that I need to break down and get a copy of it. *G*

It is for the a/c compressor. Since it was in the trunk, I'm not sure how it goes on. And if you are going to need it or not with that a/c setup. I read some post about a brace for the a/c that goes to the back of the engine compartment. That may be the other "mystery" part that was in the trunk of the car when I bought it. Now it I can only remember where I put it.....LOL If you want the brackets, let me know and I'll set 'em aside for you.

Have fun with all the "new" parts.....I'm sure going to miss that mustang. Now I that I'm down to two. *LOL*

Rob
Member: Slightly Modified
66 coupe 302
66 fastback 351W

G

·
0 Posts
I save all my old parts, my SWMBOB says when I die she is going to put all of them in the ground with me in hopes I can do something with them.

Thanks.

Rusty

A bad day working on the stang is better than a good day at work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts