Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know your not supposed to post items for sale in the forum; but I'm not selling this. I just noticed it and thought I would mention it in case someone is interested.

I was leaving a job site this morning in Moss Point, MS when I noticed sitting by the side of the road a black Sunbeam Tiger for sale. It is in ROUGH shape with most of the floor boards rusted out. The body appears complete, it has SW gauges in the dash, it has a small block Windsor with hi-po style air cleaner and TIGER valve covers. Shoe polished on the glass is the following info:
$6,500 OBO
Must sell by 8/23
Call (228)475-0241 between 10AM-6PM (central time)
Ask for Devin

And that's as much as I know about it. Just not something you see everyday on the side of the road.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
It could be an Alpine "clone". The Tiger was only made 1965-67, and had a 289 in it. This one may be overpriced as a rust bucket. The good news is there's not much to one of these cars, and you can do a frame off resto with one guy on each corner of the body to lift it off. :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
My brother had a 65 Tiger, and it came with a 260. I think the 66 and 67's came with the 289. Quick car, but that short wheelbase made for some interesting handling.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Ah, the "poor man's Cobra".....I always liked 'em.

But I've got all the "free rust" I can handle for now ! ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts