Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I think this car on e-bay looks mean and fun. Seats are too tall, but otherwise it is a sharp ride in my book.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/4f/1b/61_1.JPG

http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/4f/61/2b_1.JPG

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I've always thought the hood and front end of Eleanor looked stupid, and this one's no different IMHO.
Isn't that a "stock" type Shelby hood and front end? What could be wrong about that? Only resemblance I see to Eleanor is the color.

I like it. Not too fond of the blacked out rear panel and it needs taller rims, but overall it is a very nice looking car.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah... Thats the standard 68' shelby front end. Just with a black stripe. It isnt elenaeoeerorrorererized.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Nothing wrong with the color combo IMHO. That car is quite tasteful. It's the E-nor body kits and ridiculous hood that I can't stand.

Looks like a clean car. I'd be proud to own it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
May I remind everyone that the real Eleanor was a 73 NOT a 67 As typical with this hobby and other car makes, lots of wannabees and make believes done by a bunch of people that got their easy bake oven taken away from them when they were young and they will spend their entire life trying to get it back. Again.. You want the real thing? GET IT! You will be much happier.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
And now for something a little different. Like this Elecoupe.

·
Registered
721 Posts
May I remind everyone that the real Eleanor was a 73 NOT a 67
THANK YOU! That yellow 73 Mach 1 was awesome, in fact the real Gone in Sixty Seconds is the best car movie ever. It makes Bullitt look like a Sunday afternoon drive.

RIP, Toby Halicki... too bad his widow sold out (heck I would too if I were her) and allowing the cheesy remake.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I just don't care for the Le Mans stripes on a '68-- look goofy, don't work with the lines of the front, etc. I really like Eleanor except for the frick'in hood; and the bigger bulges used on the kits are even more dorky. The little coupe looks pretty good for having been just a rust bucket.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I actually like the Eleanor look.

What I don't like is the fact they some company is going to mass produce these things. One car is fine but I don't want to own a "custom" car that anyone else can just plop down gobs of money and drive away in. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Course, I don't think I have to worry too much about owning one. I can think of quite a few other cars I'd rather put that kind of money into.

Steve

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Course, I don't think I have to worry too much about owning one. I can think of quite a few other cars I'd rather put that kind of money into.
Yeah! Like a bitchen 71-73 Mustang that doesn't need anything to be any badder than it is. Whoa sorry The 80's just popped outta me there for a second ::

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
It is a same someone took the time to do what looks like soem decent paint and body....only to totally ignore the under carriage and the 20 year old sun bleached carpet.
AIA it is a pretty decent car. Except the frame rails, floor patches....etc. ::

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The "real" Eleanor? the '73 in Halicki's movie was the original car. Both are real, as real as movie cars can get, that is :p

The car above is not too bad, but the stance is all wrong, IMO. Taller rims, like stated, and a bit wider in back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 67/68 convertible is actually mine. Thanks for the positive and negative feedback regarding the looks of the car. When growing up, my favorite car was a 68 gt500kr. When building this car, I used most of the shelby designs while taking some cues from eleanor. The result is what you see here. The front end is standard 68 shelby including hood. I actually like the stripes and think they work well on the car. The rear panel was painted like the body until a few weeks ago when I went to black, I am still up in the air on that one.
While building this car one thing always remained in the back of my head, "Its my car and I will do whatever I want with it." When doing a restomod you always have to remember, build it the way you like, not for anyone else, heck its your car, screw everyone else. Build it to drive it and have fun. Dont build it to be a showpiece so others can approve and gawk, build the car the way you want. I followed my heart and this sentiment for the last several years while completing this car. Say what you want, but in the end, ITS MY CAR, or until someone is lucky enough to buy it. Now, how about some bids!

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the popularity of Lime Gold and all of its variations back in the `60s .
In a few years the Eleanor Grey will be another YUCK color .

·
Registered
758 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the popularity of Lime Gold and all of its variations back in the `60s .
In a few years the Eleanor Grey will be another YUCK color .
I don't think so. A decent silver-gray is a nice color on almost any car, and it's a perennial on a level with white and black. It was the only alternate color I ever considered for mine - but ultimately I committed to keeping the factory color, and once the movie came out I didn't want to be accused of being an Eleanor wannabe. Maybe if I do the Shelbyized convertible (nose and tail, no badges or detail) I might go with the pewter - it would be a few years down the road and hopefully GT500Es will no longer be the rage.

The variations on icky greenish gold were an aberration.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
What a joke...they put the full kit on including the side pipe cutout rockers and then still just have the straight pipes out the back under the valance...that show the level of work and detail that went into that coupe right there :: :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts