Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Did you have the stocker on before and what sort of cam do you have?
Yes, had just a stock cast iron intake.
had a 2” carb spacer As well.
hydraulic cam 494/498 @ 0.500 280 duration 108 or 110 Lca.
surprised the f4b worked SO well!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Maybe Im saying it wrong or am completely mistaken but what i think I know is that up into the '70s there was a lip inside the intake and the water neck was flat.

While on some later ones the neck has the grooved lip and the intake face is flat. I assume the two shouldn't be mixed but it might not matter. No big deal really I guess its just safe to call them early or later made ones.
The one I have has a groove in the intake, so did the t housing.
Ibseated the t stat in the intake than applied the gasket and than the t stat.
seems to work.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I picked up on Craigs list this Ford Racing intake along with a set of trick flow heads complete and roller rockers..
What do you think about this intake? View attachment 756314
I like the extra water hole many of them have now.
I also suspect it is a twin of the Weiand Street Warrior, not said as a negative, for $30-40 more. Short of going all out max:love: Its a contender for sure.
A lot has changed in the performance world since the time many of the manifolds on the market were introduced 20+ years ago. With the popularity of larger stroker engines and more efficient cylinder head/cam designs has come a need for manifolds to support these larger displacements. Weiand recognized this and has developed a new line of Street Warrior™ manifolds designed with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to generate maximum horsepower and torque out of today's engines
Dyno testing of the new Weiand 8124 found an additional 14 peak HP and 13lb/ft torque over brand E - p/n 2121. Average torque was increased by 9.5 and HP by 8.5 from 2,200 to 6,000 RPM! Testing was performed on a 302 with high flow 58cc heads, 268/279 dur/.522 lift Lunati cam P/N 51023, 600 cfm carb & 1-5/8" headers.

About the only negative i found about them was someone saying that it had "thin edges" and would warp and not seal well but that could have just as easily been his own installation errors. With any swap you need to check the oil often for water/oil mixing.
There is also a line of China knock-offs that "look" very similar.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts