Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on another web sight and plan on attending. I went afew years ago and had a good time. This is a SCAT Club get together.

"We will be having our first meet and greet Saturday the 12th at Tolberts restaurant in Grapevine. The address is 423 South Main street. We will meet between 10:30 and 11: as I believe they open at 11:00am. Our website is down so I am hoping everyone gets this."

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
What is SCAT? Tolberts is about 5 minutes from my house.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SCAT = Shelby Cobra Association of Texas. Last time there were a bunch on North Tx. Mustang Club members too.

Larry

·
Registered
251 Posts
Correct--Shelby Cobra Assoc. of Texas.

Expect to see a few sharp SVT vehicles, as well as some NTMC members' cars.

FYI Joining SCAT gets 5% discount at Dallas Mustang. My membership gets paid for MANY times over with the discount.

Paul

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I only saw a couple cars there, lets see a raise of hands, who was there?

:shrug:

(sorry, I like the new smiley's and there wasn't one for raising hands)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They ended up with about 20 Mustangs. Half vintage and half new. I had a good time. Even renewed my SCAT membership after a 10 year laps.

Larry

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I got there right before everyone went inside for the meeting. Checked out a few of the cars outside but did not stay for the meeting.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would like to hear a racer's report on the new race track up North, there was an event I think in late December or early January. I also think a few SCAT members attended that event.
Does anybody have any info on the new track?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Larry,
Hope you come to the regular meeting held at El Cheapo. I would like to see your '69 and compare notes.

Kevin

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Might be awhile till the next ElChicos meeting. Sounds like they are going to keep the meetings on Sat. and move the location around till spring.

It may be spring till I can afford the drive the 69 anyway. I am still paying the gas card after driving the coupe to the DMP open house. That 428 with 3.91 gears sure eats alot. I drove my 66 coupe to Tolberts. The gas saved may have keep gas from going up a few cents accross the nation.

Larry

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
69 scj coupe said:
I drove my 66 coupe to Tolberts. The gas saved may have keep gas from going up a few cents accross the nation.

Larry
Was that the light blue one?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fast68back said:
69 scj coupe said:
I drove my 66 coupe to Tolberts. The gas saved may have keep gas from going up a few cents accross the nation.

Larry
Was that the light blue one?
No, that is Rusty Baugh's. Mine was the dark green GT. Parked on the back row.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Oh, Ok, I saw it over there, my son and I were standing next to the blue one talking with Kevin, the guy with the Green '68 coupe. Do you know who owns the green FB that was in front of Kevins car? Nice car but that paint was bubbling up on the rear quarter, reminded me of my first FB back in Florida.

On another note, there is a nice red 65/66 FB parked in the extended parking lot at DFW, I saw it yesterday on my drive to work and it was there again today. I'll try and snap a picture tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fast68back said:
Do you know who owns the green FB that was in front of Kevins car? Nice car but that paint was bubbling up on the rear quarter, reminded me of my first FB back in Florida.

William Marshall ownes the green GT FB. Go to any NTMC show or get together and he will generally be the first person to greet you. He is saving for a new paint job.

Larry

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
February's Meet and Greet will be this Sat. the 9th at The Tijuana Bar & Grill in Dallas. 4900 Mckinney Ave Dallas 75204. 10:00 A.M. Weather should be nice.

Larry

·
Registered
395 Posts
Have fun all.
See you at a meeting sometime.

BTW, Decatur auto swap meet is end of the Month.
Autorama is next weekend, please stop by the club's display.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We had a good time weather was great. Some vintage Shelbys and Mustangs filled the parking lot, along with some newer Stangs and kit cars. Sorry I forgot the camera. Even had another VMFer show up and join the club.

Larry

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Super nice group.

Larry, you sneaked out before lunch, don't worry though I have your award. :grin:

I really like the time of the club meetings. Saturday mid day! Its hard to make the NTMC meeting on Thursday night. Too much traffic. During the meeting the next Meet and greet was announced, it will be in Princton. Not sure of the name, but its the classic car resturant. Anybody know the name?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts