Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GF called me earlier today and asked if I wanted to drive over to see the Braves play the Dodgers tomorrow. Seeing as how I've never been to a baseball game before, I said YES! Seems one of her association's members had 4 and couldn't use them so he offered them to her with free parking passes. :: We'll be sitting in the second level right at 3rd base. I can't wait! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Very cool; you'll love Turner field. Get there early enough, and you can see the brass plates in the parking lot where AFC used to be. It was pretty neat with the outfield wall still there to stand where Dave Justice stood and got the game 6 HR in 1995.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Have a great time! My FIL has tickets to the Rockies games in Denver, and that's my only major league experience. Really fun.

Otherwise, during the year I follow Tulane baseball - they play about a 5 minute walk from my house.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
AFC? What's that - Atlanta Fried Chicken? And why would they use brass plates? I would think the chicken would taste like metal. ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Excellent Josh! There's nothing like Major League Baseball in person.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Never been to a game? :: Expect a low scoring game.Those 2 teams have some of the best pitchers in the league this year.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Not really, jawstang. Bravos no longer have the best pitching... something like 9th in the NL. OTOH, they have the best offense by far.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Cards are a close #2 offensive club

(Sorry the following won't format, but it's K, BB, HR, OPS)

Braves 591 375 162 .834
Cards 609 371 135 .818

But the Cards have a team ERA .3 higher, which I guess is the difference between 71-37 and 56-52

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Yes, the Cards have a great history... of course, it's been 21 years since the won the Series last. Better than the Cubbies, I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
At the start of today the Braves had caught up to and are tied with the Cardinals in batting average. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts