Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 part question
1) Can I use the Scott Drake headlight switch without the fuse box on top? I have a Rebel Wiring Harness that has its own fuse panel

2) I called Scott Drake and they could not tell me how to wire their own switch I just need to know what goes where and the wiring diagram from my manual is different than this switch

any help please? Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it boys- B1 and B2 get 12 v
D- dome light
H- headlight
R- inst panel light
P- parking and tail light
I- empty

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
That makes me wonder about the reproduction switch I have now.

What year is the car?

·
Registered
35,881 Posts
2 part question
1) Can I use the Scott Drake headlight switch without the fuse box on top? I have a Rebel Wiring Harness that has its own fuse panel

2) I called Scott Drake and they could not tell me how to wire their own switch I just need to know what goes where and the wiring diagram from my manual is different than this switch

any help please? Thanks in advance
1) If you've ever taken one apart, you'd know. No. And it's not a fuse box, it's an automatic circuit breaker.

2) Why should they know? The electrical connector is a one-piece block that pops on. A child could connect it. What wiring diagram? (you didn't tell us what year the car was) Here's the 66:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I knew that they had the automatic circuit breaker. I thought maybe he was talking about something different.

Since we are talking about headlight switches does anyone know what part number Motorcraft switch I need for my 65? I may have found a good deal on one, but I'm not sure if its the right one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1) If you've ever taken one apart, you'd know. No. And it's not a fuse box, it's an automatic circuit breaker.

2) Why should they know? The electrical connector is a one-piece block that pops on. A child could connect it. What wiring diagram? (you didn't tell us what year the car was) Here's the 66:

Well thats nice of you to respond with such useful information I am glad to know that there is a difference between a circuit breaker and a fuse box, I mean it did have fuses on it how very childish of me to assume it might have been a fuse box-

And I thought it was their switch they may have had some information on it, another childish assumption on my part

its ok though I got it

·
Registered
35,881 Posts
Well thats nice of you to respond with such useful information I am glad to know that there is a difference between a circuit breaker and a fuse box, I mean it did have fuses on it how very childish of me to assume it might have been a fuse box-

And I thought it was their switch they may have had some information on it, another childish assumption on my part

its ok though I got it
You still haven't told us what year car. I could tell you the color code for wiring each connector by hand, but you didn't tell us what year the car is.

Normally, there is no need for this, because the wiring harness plugs into the switch with a big single plug block.

There is no "box" "on" the switch. The box-like part is the left half of the switch. Without that, the guts of the switch fall on the floor. There is an automatically-resetting circuit breaker for the headlights built in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts