Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the mast off of my antenna today. I see the Scott Drake antenna for about $20.00 and the Goodmark for around $35.00. Anyone have experience with both of these? One better than the other? Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading that mess, thank God mine broke at the bottom and I was able to cut off about 1" of it and reattach it to the antenna stud. I think I'll leave it alone. Thanks

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
FYI, An old trick to getting rid of the Antenna Rattle is to coat the entire antenna in harmless Vegetable oil and raise and lower it a few times. The Vegetable oil will "Congeal" up and harden and stop the rattle.

Try it!

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
FYI, An old trick to getting rid of the Antenna Rattle is to coat the entire antenna in harmless Vegetable oil and raise and lower it a few times. The Vegetable oil will "Congeal" up and harden and stop the rattle.

Try it!

Tony K.
Back when I started that thread in 2015 I put a couple small dabs of clear silicone with a toothpick at the joints of the antenna. I figured it MIGHT last the rest of the season - it is STILL on there and keeping it from rattling!
Thanks for the tip though, I may try that should the silicone ever let loose.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
Clear Silicone...Interesting.....Never tried that one.....lol...

Tony K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts